Service Officer Assistance at the Goldsby New Community Building.
Photos taken by the Webmaster on 3 July 2008.



Click on the applicable representative

—for assistance—

(basic eligibility guidelines for disability compensation are found below).



Jerry Jewell provides assistance with Combat Rated Special Compensation (CRSC) claims and,


Dale Graham provides assistance with VA Disability Compensation claims during the following times as noted below (and be sure to read his weekly “Veterans Corner”):

  • 7:30 A.M. to 11:00 A.M. every Wednesday at 710 East Main, American Legion bldg, Norman, OK

  • 6:00 A.M. to 1:00 P.M. every Thursday at the New Community bldg, 164 East Center, Goldsby, OK

Congressman Tom Cole can be of assistance (often referred to as “casework”) if you’re having difficulty with a federal agency. His office is there to help you cut through the "red tape" of Washington and make sure that your tax dollars are working for you. Office hours and contact numbers are listed below:

  • 8:00 A.M. - 5 P.M. every Wednesday at the Corporate Plaza, 2420 Springer Dr., Ste. 120, Norman, OK

  • Telephone: (405) 329-6500 / Fax: (405) 321-7369




Eligibility for Disability Compensation.

If you were honorably discharged from active military duty, you may be entitled to VA disability compensation for any medical condition or injury that was incurred in, or aggravated by, your military service. The VA compensation program provides monthly benefits if you are disabled because of an injury or disease that incurred in or aggravated during your military service and for certain conditions that may develop after your release from active duty.

  • Benefits are authorized based upon the severity of your claimed disability. The Department of Veterans Affairs uses this criterion (CLICK HERE) to determine disability claims.

  • If your service-connected disabilities are evaluated as 30 % or more, you are entitled to additional allowances for your dependents.

Disability Compensation time-lines.

         There is no time limit to apply for VA disability compensation. 

         You are encouraged to apply within one year of your release from active duty as entitlement is established retroactively to the date of separation if your claim is filed within this period. 

         The effective date of eligibility for benefits will be based upon the date of your claim if you apply beyond the one-year period.

Submitting for Disability Compensation.

1.        You need Veteran's Application for Compensation or Pension (VA Form 21-526).

2.        You should submit the following supporting evidence/documents with your application:

  • Service Medical Records - Those applicants who have their service medical records are encouraged to submit them with their application to expedite processing. Otherwise, VA will contact the service department to obtain them. You should also CLICK HERE to request copies of your military records.
  • Other Medical Records - Medical records to substantiate all treatment by private doctors and hospitals.
  • Dependency Documents - Original or copies of birth CLICK HERE and marriage certificates CHECK HERE and copies of a divorce/death record CLICK HERE terminating all of your prior marriages and those of your spouse.
  • Military Discharge/DD Form 214 - (Copy 4 - Member Copy) Those applicants who have a copy of their DD-214 are encouraged to provide a copy with their claim to expedite processing. Otherwise, VA will attempt to obtain verification from the service department. You should also CLICK HERE to request copies of your DD Form 214.

3.        References: Title 38: Pensions, Bonuses, and Veterans' Relief PART 4—SCHEDULE FOR RATING DISABILITIES








Copyright 2007-2008 VFW Post 4890.
Reproduction and distribution in any form without permission is strictly prohibited.
All rights reserved.

Best Viewed by
Windows Internet Explorer 7

Have questions or comments about our web site?
HERE to contact the WEBMASTER or HERE to read about our DISCLAIMER.

Updated: 5 July 2008 / 12:12 hrs